Last updated 30 June 2021
Rivera’s Mexican Foods (the “Company”, “us” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.riverassalsa.com (the “Website”), when you create an account with us to use the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy is part of the Terms of Service applicable to the use of our Website. Please review this policy together with the Terms of Service, to understand all of your rights and obligations, and how we operate our Website.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications, if any, that you download from the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Through any other means associated with or relating to the Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Our Website is not intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age eighteen (18) may provide any personal information to us or on or through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website (if such feature is available), make any purchases through the Website (if such feature is available), use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website (if such feature is available) or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us through the contact information below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information pursuant to applicable law (collectively, “personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the geographic location from which you accessed the Website; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, your browsing history, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details and browsing patterns, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect About You
The information we collect on or about you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, creating an account (if such a feature is available), subscribing to the Website, or requesting further services or information from us.
- Information you provide to us or we acquire from your network or computing device when you report a problem with our Website and as we troubleshoot and work on the problem you reported.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Any comments and information you provide to us when you use the “Contact Us” or “Submit a Comment” feature of our Website.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out on or through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information that our business partners collect about you, such as services you have signed up to receive, or products you have purchased, in each case which are related to our business.
- Information you provide when you contact our customer service agents, if available.
- Any other information you provide to us, or we collect throughout your usage of or access to our Website, which we collect for a business purpose.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and mobile applications, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, your technology providers, and your activities, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, browsing patterns, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer or mobile device and about your internet connection, including your IP address, mobile device identifier, your operating system, browser type, and the name of your mobile carrier.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may also include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Analyze our services and products and perform market research.
When you visit or leave our Website by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our plugins or cookies (or similar technology), we may automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed.
We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we may use to show your local information on our mobile applications and for fraud prevention and security purposes. Most mobile devices allow you to prevent real time location data being sent to us, and of course we will honor your settings.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Note that while you can set your browser to not allow cookies, we may not be able to honor that request, and may track your activity and collect information about you and your online activities even when the browser is set to “do not track”,
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies and you may not be able to shut down our collection of and use of information through this technology.
- Web Beacons, Pixels and Tags. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Log Files. These track actions occurring on our Website, and which help us collect your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, the webpages from which you came or to which you go before and after visiting our Website, and the date and time of your visits.
You may be able to opt out of the use of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a concept promoted by certain regulatory authorities and industry groups for development and implementation of a mechanism that would allow internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. Currently, various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that allows a user to set a preference in the browser to not have his/her activities on the internet tracked. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences. When a user’s browser is set to DNT, some cookies and other tracking technologies may become inactive, depending on how the website visited responds to DNT browser settings. If that occurs, the website visited will not recognize you upon return to that website, save your passwords or user names, and some other features of a website may become unavailable or not function properly.
We do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or the Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, if any.
- To develop and create our products and services.
- For behavioral tracking.
- For any other purpose as needed for our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- To enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and assist us in providing services and offering our products.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through or collected through the use of our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Rivera’s Mexican Foods
PO Box 2733
Northlake, IL, 60164